Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A rare or unique person or thing.
- Synonym: rare bird
- That Parsons girl is quite the rara avis if you ask me.
- 2010, Kate De Goldi, The 10pm Question, Penguin Random House (→ISBN)
- ‘Rara avis,’ she said. ‘That's what you are Frankie. A rara avis.’ She had pushed him out into the night then, to Uncle George and the waiting car.
rare or unique person or thing
rara avis f (uncountable)
- rara avis in Treccani.it – Vocabolario Treccani on line, Istituto dell'Enciclopedia Italiana