Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈrɔːkəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈrɔkəs/
- (cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ˈrɑkəs/
- Rhymes: -ɔːkəs
- Harsh and rough-sounding.
- At night, raucous sounds come from the swamp.
- Disorderly and boisterous.
- Acts of vandalism were committed by a raucous gang of drunkards.
- loud and annoying
- the new neighbors had a raucous party.
- (Disorderly and boisterous): rowdy
Harsh and rough-sounding
Disorderly and boisterous
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.