Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɛʃɪŋ
- That refreshes someone; pleasantly fresh and different; granting vitality and energy.
- Serving to refresh, particularly with respect to an electronic screen, or a browser window or similar computer application.
- 2003, John Wang, Data Mining: Opportunities and Challenges, page 74:
- The polarization system has a refreshing rate that is twice the refreshing rate of the corresponding shutter system.
refreshing (plural refreshings)
- The action of refresh; refreshment given or received.
- 1821, Frederick Butler, A Complete History of the United States of America:
- Notwithstanding these powerful refreshings of divine grace, the ways of Zion continued to mourn generally, throughout the New-England churches; iniquity abounded, and the hearts of many waxed cold […]
- That which gives refreshment.