Jump to navigation Jump to search
roja f (plural roges)
- female equivalent of
- madder (Rubia tinctorum)
- A bark beetle of the genus Hylesinus, the larva of which feed on the wood of the olive tree.
- (insect): escolítid (bark beetle)
- (Spanish national football team): The nickname "La Roja" was created by the then manager Luis Aragonés. He said "I would like the national team to have a name, an identity. Just as Brazil is the canarinha or Argentina the albiceleste, I would like Spain to be La Roja"
roja f sg
- Red (Communist)
- (soccer, preceded by "la") the Chile national football team
- (soccer, preceded by "la") the Spain national football team