Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (software) To deploy.
- We plan to roll out the new version in September.
2017 January 26, Christopher D. Shea, “T2 Trainspotting’: The Early Reviews”, in New York Time:
- Directed, like the original, by Danny Boyle, and starring several members of the original cast, “T2” is getting a wide release in Britain this week before being rolled out across Europe. It reaches the United States on March 17.
- Used other than as an idiom: see roll, out.
- The cook rolled out the dough with a rolling pin.
- They rolled out the red carpet to welcome the visiting dignitaries.