Jump to navigation Jump to search
- rose-coloured glasses (non-US)
- rose-tinted glasses, rose-colored lenses
- rose-coloured spectacles, rose-tinted spectacles (Britain)
Phrase appears as early as 1830 according to OED.
Audio (AU) (file)
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: glasses that are tinted in a pink or rose shade.
- (idiomatic) An optimistic perception of something; a positive opinion; seeing something in a positive way, often thinking of it as better than it actually is.
overly optimistic perception of something