Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To apply by rubbing.
- 2006 July 19, “On The Fridge”, in Washington Post:
- Flattening chicken breast halves serves two purposes: It provides more surface area to rub in the Greek-influenced seasoning, and it ensures that the chicken cooks quickly.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To irritatingly make a point.
- 2003 March 9, Glenn Davis, “U.S. vs. Mexico a day of celebration, opportunity”, in Houston Chronicle:
- Postcards from Florida might mean someone is rubbing in the fact he or she has been lounging on the white, sandy beaches