According to Blench (2018), a back-front vowel mismatch among Vietic reflexes, e.g. Muong khủ vs. Thavung [script needed] (khɛ̰̂ː), suggests the existence of two local roots, "conceivably related" albeit "doubtful" (unless Thavung reflex was a loan from Thai). Outside Vietic branch, confer Chong rəkɔ̀ɔ vs. Khmu [script needed] (ckʰrɛː).
You can help Wiktionary by providing a proper etymology.
- Dracontomelon duperreanum, a species of flowering plants in the Anacardiaceae (cashew family).
- (by extension) The genus Dracontomelum.
- Fruit of Dracontomelon duperreanum.
- ^ Blench. R. "Weterworld: lexical evidence for aquatic subsistence strategies in Austroasiatic" in Papers from the Seventh International Conference on Austroasiatic Linguistics, JSEALS. 2018. p. 174-193
- ^ Shorto, H. A Mon-Khmer Comparative Dictionary, Ed. Paul Sidwell, 2006. Entry 115, p. 96
- ^ dracontomelum at Nôm foundation