Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- beyond alteration, criticism, or interference, especially due to religious sanction; inviolable.
2011 August 14, Kenneth R. Harney, “Homeowner mortgage write-off may be in jeopardy”, Los Angeles Times:
- After decades of being considered politically sacrosanct, why are homeowner mortgage write-offs suddenly on the chopping block?
beyond alteration, criticism, or interference, especially due to religious sanction; inviolable
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- “sacrosanct” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd edition, 1989