See also: interférence
- The act of interfering with something, or something that interferes.
- (sports) The illegal obstruction of an opponent in some ball games.
- They were glued to the TV, as the referee called out a fifteen yard penalty for interference.
- (physics) An effect caused by the superposition of two systems of waves, such as a distortion on a broadcast signal due to atmospheric or other effects.
- They wanted to watch the game on TV, but there was too much interference to even make out the score on the tiny screen.
- (US, law) In United States patent law, an inter partes proceeding to determine the priority issues of multiple patent applications; a priority contest.
- (chess) The interruption of the line between an attacked piece and its defender by sacrificially interposing a piece.
act of interfering with something
intrusion into the scope of protection of a guaranteed right
illegal obstruction of an opponent in some ball games
effect caused by the superposition of two systems of waves