- enterfere (obsolete)
- (intransitive) To get involved or involve oneself, causing disturbance.
- I always try not to interfere with other people’s personal affairs.
- (intransitive, physics) (of waves) To be correlated with each other when overlapped or superposed.
- Correlated waves interfere to produce interesting patterns, while uncorrelated waves overlap without interfering.
- Where the radio-wave signals of the two radio stations interfere the listener hears nothing but noise.
- (mostly of horses) To strike one foot against the opposite foot or ankle in using the legs.
- (intransitive, followed by "with") To sexually molest, especially of a child.
- The investigation found the boys had been interfered with.
get involved, causing disturbance
strike one foot against the opposite foot or ankle in using the legs
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked