- to interfere (to get involved or involve oneself, causing disturbance)
Não quero interferir na tua vida pessoal.
- I don't want to interfere with your personal life.
- (physics, of a wave) to interfere (to overlap another wave)
- to prevent something from being done as well as it could be
A diferença de línguas interferiu nosso entendimento.
- The language difference prevented us from understanding one another.
Suas preocupações o interferem em seu trabalho.
- His worries interfered with his job.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ir verb interferir
- (to involve oneself, causing disturbance): intrometer-se
Terms related to interferir
- to interfere
- Rule: e becomes a ie in stressed syllables and i in certain conjugations.
- 1 Mostly obsolete form, still used in legal jargon and set phrases.