Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
sagan (plural sagans)
- Alternative letter-case form of
1984 27 September, Jerry Boyajian, “re: Moriarty's long-awaited reviews”, net.comics, Usenet:
- Part of it was that I just couldn't deal with a piece of primal matter floating around for sagans of years, eroding away until it became a nice, shiny, sharp-as-William-F.-Buckley's-tongue sword, with the old familiar "S" symbol coincidentally engraved on its hilt.
- 1989, Edward S. Hudson, Alien Death Fleet, Pageant Books (1989), ISBN 9780517006887, page 5:
- "There must be a sagan of them up there."
- 1998, Jon Luini & Allen Whitman, "Finding Your Geek", EQ, January 1998, page 132:
- There are sagans of other planets crying out for this knowledge.
2001 24 October, Joe \"Nuke Me Xemu\" Foster, “Re: Randomly write data to a file”, comp.lang.basic.visual.misc, Usenet:
- The Jet and xBase database engines have been pounded on by who knows how many developers and end-users for years, which amounts to sagans and sagans of hours of real-world testing!
- definite nominative singular of saga
- definite singular of saga