Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: scalène
scalene (not comparable)
- (geometry, of a polygon) Having no two sides equal.
- 1828, The Imperial Magazine; or, Compendium of Religious, Moral, and Philosophical Knowledge, volume 10, "Astronomical Occurrences for January", page 69:
- During the month [Saturn] forms a scalene triangle with Betelgeux and Procyon, and on the 10th an isosceles triangle with them, α Orionis being the summit.
- (geometry, of a cone) Having the axis inclined to the base; oblique.
- (anatomy) Obliquely situated and unequal-sided.
- (anatomy) Pertaining to a scalene muscle.
sides of different lengths
scalene (plural scalenes)
- Feminine plural form of scaleno