Jump to navigation Jump to search
science-fictioneer (plural science-fictioneers)
- (dated, fandom slang) Creator of science fiction.
- 1951 September 3, “Medicine: Departure in Dianetics”, in Time, volume 63, number 10:
- The cult of dianetics, which was going strong a year ago (TIME, July 24, 1950), has some of the features of a new religion. Its founder, Science-Fictioneer L. Ron Hubbard, claimed that his "science of the mind" could cure all mental and most bodily ills, make supermen of truly devoted converts.
- 1994 April, Interzone, number 82, page 64:
- Science-fictioneers such as Robert Sheckley, Joe Haldeman and Frederik Pohl.
- (dated, fandom slang) Fan of science fiction.