Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: science-y
- (informal) Scientific; of or pertaining to science.
- 1998, Thomas Bender, Carl E. Schorske, American Academic Culture in Transformation, →ISBN:
- True, most of us concede that quasi-experimental empirical research, today symbolized by multiple-regression equations, is in some sense the most "sciencey" part of political science.
- 2001, Kirk Read, How I Learned to Snap: A Small-town Coming-out and Coming-of-age Story:
- AIDS was too sciencey for me. My eighth-grade term paper was on censorship, Tipper Gore's assault on free speech in the music industry, and the Dead Kennedys.
- 2014, Jeff Patton, Peter Economy, User Story Mapping: Discover the Whole Story, Build the Right Product, →ISBN:
- But with the statement above, I honestly can't recall a situation where it wasn't true although I have no sciencey data to back this up.
- 2014, Alison Hughes, On a Scale from Idiot to Complete Jerk, →ISBN:
- This project will follow the scientific method, which, as far as I can tell, is just sort of looking at things in a sciencey way.
- 2015, Gareth P. Jones, No True Echo, →ISBN:
- She puts it down to her being artistic and Melody being more sciencey.'
- (informal) Apparently, but not necessarily, scientific; having the trappings of science.
- 2010, Kat Banyard, The Equality Illusion: The Truth about Women and Men Today, page 60:
- Here was the hidden gender curriculum in full flow - with very clear gendered values and expectations being imparted to the children who walked in: boys are loud and active and like 'sciencey' things such as building and constructing; girls, on the other hand, are quiet and passive, preferring to do 'caring' things and look pretty.
- 2013, Daniel Loxton, Donald R. Prothero, Abominable Science!:
- It sounds sciencey, it looks sciencey, and it can fool a lot of people into thinking it's scientific but there are clear reasons why it is not.
- 2014, David Tieck, Ok, Intriguing: Hell Yeah! Awesomenessous, →ISBN:
- Fear not, I have formulated (a sciencey word) this easy to understand list of signs that you may be a scientist:
- 2017, David M. Barnett, Calling Major Tom, →ISBN:
- All those pencils in your pocket. You look sciencey.
- Synonym: sciencelike
- sciencey at OneLook Dictionary Search