scrawl (plural scrawls)
- (transitive) To write something hastily or illegibly.
- (intransitive) To write in an irregular or illegible manner.
- (intransitive) To write unskilfully and inelegantly.
- Though with a golden pen you scrawl.
- To creep; crawl; (by extension) to swarm with crawling things
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Latimer to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for scrawl in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)