Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Exactly and carefully conducted.
- He is scrupulous in his finances.
2016 March 6, John Oliver, “Special Districts”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 3, episode 4, HBO:
- Come on! You have got to admire their dedication to the rules! These two men are so scrupulous, they would sit at a broken red traffic light for six hours in the middle of the night. “Hey, red is red! We live in a civilized society! Red is red! We stay!”
- Having scruples or compunctions.
- He is a scrupulous businessman and always acts in the best interest of his company.
- Precise; exact or strict
- meticulous, painstaking
- ethical, fair-minded, honourable, just, moral, righteous
- See also Wikisaurus:meticulous