Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Exactly and carefully conducted.
- Synonyms: meticulous, painstaking; see also Thesaurus:meticulous
- Antonym: unscrupulous
- He is scrupulous in his finances.
- 2016, Tim Carvell [et al.], “Special Districts”, in Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, season 3, episode 4, John Oliver (actor), Warner Bros. Television, via HBO:
- Come on! You have got to admire their dedication to the rules! These two men are so scrupulous, they would sit at a broken red traffic light for six hours in the middle of the night. “Hey, red is red! We live in a civilized society! Red is red! We stay!”
- Having scruples or compunctions.
- Synonym: worried
- He is a scrupulous businessman and always acts in the best interest of his company.
- Precise; exact or strict.
- Wrongly feeling guilt or anxiety about one’s morality; suffering from scrupulosity.