Jump to navigation Jump to search
sensibility (plural sensibilities)
- The ability to sense, feel or perceive; especially to be sensitive to the feelings of another.
- I think sensibility is important in a relationship.
- (chiefly in the plural) An acute awareness or feeling.
- I apologize if I offended your sensibilities, but that's the truth of the matter.
the ability to sense, feel or perceive; especially to be sensitive to the feelings of another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
- "sensibility" in Raymond Williams, Keywords (revised), 1983, Fontana Press, page 280.