Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The quality or degree of being sensitive.
- The ability to perceive sensation.
- The ability to be aware of (and, usually, react with regard to) the feelings of others.
- 1837, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Ethel Churchill, volume 3, page 159:
- How wrong I was! wit, with him, was only the sparkle of the waters which hide precious things in the depths below. I can enter into the sensitiveness which is fain to keep that which it prizes most dearly, hidden from a cold and mocking world.