Jump to navigation Jump to search
sentencing (plural sentencings)
- The act of pronouncing a judicial sentence on someone convicted of a crime.
- After the verdict, the sentencing was not delayed.
- 2011 December 14, Steven Morris, “Devon woman jailed for 168 days for killing kitten in microwave”, in Guardian:
- Following the sentencing, Knutton said: "What sort of person does something so cold and calculating? I did not expect her to go to jail for it. I am just glad it is now all over."
- (colloquial) The act of creating one or more complete sentences from fragmented thoughts and phrases.
- He struggled with sentencing his frayed and angry verses from poem to prose.