Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- To select (something or someone) for a specific purpose.
- To distinguish, make obvious the distinction between (two things) or of (something).
- 2013 September 28, Malik, Kenan, “London Is Special, but Not That Special”, in New York Times, retrieved 28 September 2013:
- It is one of the ironies of capital cities that each acts as a symbol of its nation, and yet few are even remotely representative of it. London has always set itself apart from the rest of Britain — but political, economic and social trends are conspiring to drive that wedge deeper.
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: to separate or isolate.