Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
settler (plural settlers)
- Someone who settles in a new location, especially one who takes up residence in a previously uninhabited place; a colonist.
- the first settlers of New England
- Someone who decides or settles something, such as a dispute.
- (colloquial) That which settles or finishes, such as a blow that decides a contest.
- (Britain) The person in a betting shop who calculates the winnings.
- A drink which settles the stomach, especially a bitter drink, often a nightcap.
- A vessel, such as a tub, in which something, such as pulverized ore suspended in a liquid, is allowed to settle.
someone who settles in a new location, especially one who makes a previously uninhabited place his home
someone who decides something, such as a dispute
the person in a betting shop who calculates the winnings
a drink that settles the stomach