Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Middle English she wolf; equivalent to she- + wolf.
Audio (US) (file)
she-wolf (plural she-wolves)
- A female wolf.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 212:
- In some trepidation the priest and his friend accompanied the wolf to his den, where lay a she-wolf on the point of death.
- (slang, figurative) A predatory woman.
- English terms inherited from Middle English
- English terms derived from Middle English
- English terms prefixed with she-
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English nouns with irregular plurals
- English multiword terms
- English terms with quotations
- English slang
- en:Female animals