Jump to navigation Jump to search
- it is necessary, one must, one has to
- Negin goll ayns shen?
- Is it necessary to go there?
- Begin dou screeu eh.
- I had to write it.
- Shegin da'n voir aym loayrt rhyt.
- My mother must speak to you.
- Shegin dooin loayrt Gaelg, nagh negin dooin?
- We have to speak Manx, don't we?
- as begin daue jannoo speinaghayn jeh fuygh ― and they had to make spoons of wood
The subject of English must or have to is rendered as the object of the preposition da; the verb is rendered as a verbal noun.