Jump to navigation Jump to search
shura (plural shuras)
- (Islam) A body that provides counsel to a leader
- 2007 January 5, Carlotta Gall, “Taliban Leader Promises More Afghan War”, in New York Times:
- “The leadership, resistance and shura are all based here in Afghanistan.”
- 2009 March 11, Carlotta Gall, “As U.S. Weighs Taliban Negotiations, Afghans Are Already Talking”, in New York Times:
- […] Mullah Bradar […] is said to reside in the Pakistan port city of Karachi, where many members of the Quetta shura have taken refuge, according to Afghan officials.
- Lenited form of sura.
after an, tsura
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
shura f (plural shuras)