Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: shut out
From the verb phrase shut out.
shutout (plural shutouts)
- Closing and forbidding entry, as a lockout in which management prevents works from working.
- A shutout is a reverse strike: the union complained and the workers wanted to work, but management was opposed.
- (sports) A game that ends with one side not having scored.
- The score wasn't just lopsided: it was a shutout.
- (sports): SO (abbreviation)
- (sports): zilch
game that ends with one side not having scored