Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
lockout (plural lockouts)
- The opposite of a strike; a labor disruption where management refuses to allow workers into a plant to work even if they are willing.
- The action of installing a lock to keep someone out of an area, such as eviction of a tenant by changing the lock.
- (computing) A situation where the system is not responding to input.
- (weightlifting) The final portion of a weightlifting motion where all applicable limbs or joints are fully extended or "locked out".
- (weightlifting) An exercise meant to increase strength in the lockout portion of a lifting motion.
- 2016, Christian Thibaudeau, “Tip: For Bigger Triceps, Do Heavy Lockouts”, T-Nation.
opposite of a strike