Jump to navigation Jump to search
signalman (plural signalmen)
- Somebody employed to operate the signals and points of a railway.
- 1961 November, “Talking of Trains: Derailment near Holmes Chapel”, in Trains Illustrated, page 652:
- The length ganger saw the train passing with the van derailed and promptly telephoned the Sandbach signalman, who restored his signals to danger, but not in time to stop the train before the final derailment occurred.
- A member of the armed forces responsible for signalling.
- Somebody employed to direct rigging or crane operations by providing a different point of view.
crane shower — see spotter