Jump to navigation Jump to search
spotter (plural spotters)
- A person who observes something.
- A member of a sniper team who in addition to this function is responsible for providing additional information about targets from a different point of view.
- (weightlifting, gymnastics, climbing) One who supervises a person performing an activity, in order to help them should they be unable to complete it.
- (US) A person who gives directions of a crane or vehicle challenging to navigate from a different point of view to the moved load.
- Dolphins of the genus Stenella, and specifically Stenella attenuata distinguished from the streaker (Stenella coeruleoalba) and the spinner (Stenella longirostris).
- Synonym: spotted dolphin
- (motor racing) A team member responsible for communication with the driver to keep them up-to-date about on-track events, such as other nearby cars.
- present of
- spottar (Nynorsk)
spotter m (plural spotteres)
- spotter (clarification of this definition is needed)