Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Spinner
- Rhymes: -ɪnə(ɹ)
spinner (plural spinners)
- Agent noun of spin; someone or something who spins.
- A conical cover at the center of some aircraft propellers.
- (obsolete) The coin thrower in a game of two-up.
- (slang, film) Used primarily in the adult film industry, an actress or prostitute with a tiny frame, usually very thin and small-breasted.
- (computing, graphical user interface) An input control for entering a number, with accompanying arrowed buttons that increase or decrease the value.
- (cricket) A spin bowler.
- (fishing) A type of lure consisting of wire, a rotating blade, a weighted body, and one or more hooks.
- An ornamental hubcap that spins independently of the wheel
- A goatsucker.
- A spinneret.
Someone or something who spins
he coin thrower in a game of two-up
cinema: Actress or prostitute, usually very thin and small-breasted
cricket: A type of lure
- present tense of spinna.