Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
fishing (not comparable)
- (adv): piscatorially
of, about, or pertaining to the act of fishing
- (uncountable) The act of catching fish.
- a good day's fishing
- (uncountable, informal) The act of catching other forms of seafood, separately or together with fish.
- (uncountable) Commercial fishing: the business or industry of catching fish and other seafood for sale.
- the fishing industry
- (countable) A fishery, a place for catching fish.
- the rent of the fishings
- (act): piscatology, piscation, piscicide (pejorative), piscicapture, the gentle craft
- (business): fishery, the fish industry, the seafood industry
- (sport): sportfishing
- (place): See fishery
- (adj): See fishing
- (adv): halieutically
- (science): halieutics, piscatology
- (writing on fishing): halieutics, piscatory
act or sport of catching fish
business of catching fish
place for catching fish
- Present participle of fish.