Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
turntable (plural turntables)
- The circular rotating platform of a record player or DJ console on which the record rests during play.
- A similar device to be connected to the amplifier of a hi-fi system.
- A rotating platform placed in a circular pit, used for turning locomotives, cars or trucks.
- A rotating platform designed for use by a car, either motorized or manually rotated, and usually installed in a driveway or in a garage floor.
- A circular rotating platform for cakes, called a cake turntable
circular rotating platform of a record player or DJ console
part of hi-fi system
- To manipulate sound using turntables; to perform turntablism.