Jump to navigation Jump to search
casserole (plural casseroles)
- A dish of glass or earthenware, with a lid, in which food is baked and sometimes served.
- Food, such as a stew, cooked in such a dish.
- (glass or earthenward dish): casserole dish
- (food cooked in such a dish): hotpot (UK), stew
- (both senses): hotdish
glass or earthenware dish
food, such as a stew, cooked in such a dish
to cook as a casswerole i.e. in a closed dish
casserole f (plural casseroles)
- saucepan (utensil)
- Synonym: poêlon
- (transferred sense) saucepan (contents of a saucepan)
- (Belgium) stewpot, cooking pot
- Synonym: faitout