Jump to navigation Jump to search
signatory (plural signatories)
- One who signs or has signed something.
- Synonym: signer
- John Hancock is famous for being the first signatory to the American Declaration of Independence, and for writing his name large.
- 1961 April, “Talking of Trains”, in Trains Illustrated, page 195:
- [...] it is reported that signatories of a petition for retention of service include the Home Secretary, Mr. R. A. Butler, who resides in the neighbourhood.
one who signs or signed
signatory (not comparable)
- Relating to a seal; used in sealing.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bailey to this entry?)
- Signing; joining or sharing in a signature.
- signatory powers