- (chemistry) disorder
- 1998 R. F. T. Stepto, Rosemarie Szostak - Molecular Sieves: Principles of their formation, structure and properties
- Simplexity, according to Goldsmith, is defined as "synonymous with disorder, or structural simplicity or high entropy.
- (mathematics) The number of simplexes into which a structure can be divided
- The tendency of a simple system to generate complex forms
- The act of establishing a simple interface for something that is complex.
- Humane systems design blog. http://multispective.wordpress.com/2006/10/26/simplexity-simplicity-layered-on-top-of-complexity/