Jump to navigation Jump to search
slickered (not comparable)
- Wearing a slicker (coat)
- 2006, Arno Herwerth, Ants in My RV, →ISBN, page 40:
- The slickered brat, given a burnt siena replacement (my favorite color), then proceeded to chew it into flaking, disintegrating chunks.
- 2012, Jessica Andersen, Body Search, →ISBN:
- The slickered figure lifted a hand and pushed back his hood to reveal a shock of whiteblond hair above a weatherbeaten face that might once have been pale.
- Dressed in a stylish and fancy manner.
- 1994, John Woods, Black Marigolds, →ISBN, page 38:
- No slickered stranger rides down the arroyo, jingles to the bar and thumps for booze.
- 2010, Robert W. Anderson, Pure Country Poetry: Andybob's Modern Heartland Mix, →ISBN, page 133:
- Got all slickered up, tipped my hat just right/Was goin' out to get married, it's saturday night
- Smooth and shiny.
- 2015, Janette Hospital, Borderline, →ISBN, page 312:
- One of the waitresses, with wheat-blonde hair and large, mobile, slickered lips and very long lashes, adjusted Gus's tie.
- simple past tense and past participle of