snack + food
snack food (countable and uncountable, plural snack foods)
- A food traditionally or commonly consumed as a snack between meals.
- The consumption of snack food is linked with obesity.
- Any other food consumed as a snack.
2010, David Wolfe, Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future, ISBN 1556439822:
- ... Bee Wise with Bee Pollen, Bee Propolis, Royal Jelly smoothies or other drinks, or it may be eaten plain as a snack food by the spoonful.
2010, Amy Kates & Jay R. Galbraith, Designing Your Organization, ISBN 1118047516:
- ...in Italy, customers can buy an espresso; in India, the restaurants use lamb instead of beef; and in Athens, McDonald's sells spanakopita as a snack food.
2013, David Wolfe, Longevity Now, ISBN 1583946314:
- You can have salads that taste extraordinary! You can eat amazing foods like avocados and literally become hooked on them as your favorite snack food.
food consumed as a snack between meals