Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The interaction between a group of people who share a common interest.
- The use of social contacts to network.
- (Internet, business) The use of Internet communities to network and communicate using shared interests, related skills, or geographical location between consumers and businesses.
- (Internet) Interaction with other people via a social network
- 2008, Don Philabaum, Alumni Online Engagement, →ISBN, page 127:
- Should you spend too much time purchasing and installing social networking software and only have 20 percent of your alumni registered, you are wasting your time and money.
- 2011, Hart-Davis, iMac Portable Genius, →ISBN:
- As much as possible, avoid the following: • Installing unfamiliar software from shady sources, such as websites you've never heard of or applications posted to forums. • Installing social networking plug-ins.
- 2012, Catheryn Cheal, Transformation in Teaching: Social Media Strategies in Higher Education, →ISBN:
- The Internet provides an abundant amount of software to access Twitter broadcasts and many mobile phones contain pre-installed social networking applications on the device; however, in this study, students mainly used the Internet to view tweets.
- 2015, Jamil, George Leal, Handbook of Research on Information Architecture and Management in Modern Organizations, →ISBN:
- These Social Web Applications can be public, such as Delicious, Facebook, Flickr, SWiK, Twitter, and YouTube, or private, such as a locally-installed social networking engine Elgg.
interaction between a group of people
use of Internet communities