Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a sore or desperate manner.
- 2011 October 29, Phil McNulty, “Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal”, in BBC Sport:
- If Chelsea hoped this blow would have a detrimental effect on Arsenal, they were to be sorely mistaken as the Gunners surged forward after the restart.
- strongly, forcefully; in a cruel manner.
- extremely, totally, very; by a lot.
- (rare) unhappily, glumly, bitterly; in a sad manner.
- (rare) lamentably, sorrily; in a miserable or sorry manner
- (rare) While hurt or injured.
- English: sorrily
- “sōrī̆lī (adv.)” in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 2018-06-10.