Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: space-time
- (uncountable, physics) The four-dimensional continuum of the three spatial dimensions plus time.
- An event is a point in spacetime, specified by the coordinates x, y, z, and t.
- (physics) An n-dimensional continuum consisting of dimensions of both space and time. Normally spacetime is considered as having 4 dimensions (x, y, z, t), but higher-dimensional spacetimes are often encountered in theoretical physics, e.g. the 5-dimensional spacetime of Kaluza-Klein theory or the 11 dimensions of spacetime in M-theory.
- a 5-dimensional spacetime
- (relativity) A specific region of the universe with mathematically different properties than the surrounding spacetime. Synonymous with "metric" within the context of general relativity.
- a Schwarzschild spacetime
- a Reissner-Nordström spacetime
four dimensional continuum