- To make spiritual; to invoke spirituality.
- To refine intellectually or morally; to purify from the corrupting influence of the world; to give a spiritual character or tendency to.
- This seen in the clear air, and the whole spiritualized by endless recollections, fills the eye and the heart more forcibly than I can find words to say.
- To give a spiritual meaning to; to take in a spiritual sense; opposed to literalize.
- (chemistry, obsolete) To extract spirit.
- (chemistry, obsolete) To convert into, or impregnate with, spirit.
to refine intellectually or morally