Jump to navigation Jump to search
spooler (plural spoolers)
- (textiles) A device for winding thread onto a spool.
- 1998, Official Gazette of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, page 1061:
- In a method for guiding a thread onto an empty reel after a first reel in a continuously operating spooler has become full, utilizing a moving finger on the spooler in cooperation with a gripper rotating with the empty reel […]
- (computing) A program or process that spools (places data in a queue to be accessed later)
- The print spooler sends each page to the printer when it is ready for it.
a computer programme that queues data