Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Written law, as laid down by the legislature.
written law as laid down by the legislature
legislated rule of society which has been given the force of law
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- statute in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- statute in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- statute in Harry Thurston Peck, editor (1898) Harper's Dictionary of Classical Antiquities, New York: Harper & Brothers