Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Written law, as laid down by the legislature.
- (law, common law) Legislated rule of society which has been given the force of law by those it governs.
written law as laid down by the legislature
legislated rule of society which has been given the force of law
- statute in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- statute in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- statute in Harry Thurston Peck, editor (1898) Harper's Dictionary of Classical Antiquities, New York: Harper & Brothers