Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈstiːlə/
- (General American) enPR: stēlʹər, IPA(key): /ˈstilɚ/
- Rhymes: -iːlə(ɹ)
- Hyphenation: steal‧er
stealer (plural stealers)
- (chiefly in combination) One who steals; a thief.
- a child-stealer; a chicken-stealer
- 2013, Ruth I. Johnson, Joy Sparton and the Money Mix-Up
- “You're a stealer and a robber and a swiper and a thief,” I shouted.
- (shipbuilding) The endmost plank of a strake which stops short of the stem or stern.