Jump to navigation Jump to search
thief (plural thieves)
- One who carries out a theft.
- One who steals another person's property, especially by stealth and without using force or violence.
- (obsolete) A waster in the snuff of a candle.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Hall to this entry?)
- (one who carries out a theft): For semantic relationships of this sense, see thief in the Thesaurus.
- (one who carries out a theft): For semantic relationships of this sense, see criminal in the Thesaurus.
one who carries out theft