Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
stereogenic (not comparable)
- (chemistry, physics) describing a grouping of atoms in a molecule
1997, Aldrichimica Acta, volume 30, No 4:
- Vinylcyclopropanes with up to three stereogenic centers are readily formed in the reaction between vinylcarbenoids and alkenes.
- consisting of a central atom and four distinguishable ligands such that the interchange of any two leads to a stereoisomer
- consisting of four non-coplanar atoms such that rotation about the central bond leads to a stereoisomer
- consisting of a double bond with substituents which give rise to cis-trans isomerism