Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
stipulation (plural stipulations)
- The act of stipulating; a contracting or bargaining; an agreement.
- Something that is stated or stipulated as a condition of an agreement.
- The stipulations of the contract won't allow you to do that.
- If I lend you my car, my only stipulation is that you fill up the gas tank before returning it.
- (botany) The situation, arrangement, and structure of the stipules.
- (chess) A goal to be achieved in a chess problem; for example, to checkmate Black within a specified number of moves.
something that is stated or stipulated as a condition of an agreement