Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: stop motion
- (animation technique): stop motion
- (photography) An animation technique wherein physical objects are slightly altered and photographed one picture at a time to give an illusion of movement when displayed in sequence.
- 2012 April 26, Tasha Robinson, “Film: Reviews: The Pirates! Band Of Misfits :”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Jan Švankmajer’s stop-motion looks angry, rough, and primal; Henry Selick’s is so polished and smooth that it resembles CGI.
- A device used for automatically stopping a machine or engine when a fault or error is detected.
- ^ stop, combinations section (Comb.), stop-motion a device for automatically stopping a machine or engine when something has gone wrong (The New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, Clarendon Press, Oxford, Vol. 2 N-Z, 1993 edition, see page 3,074)