Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Stormer
stormer (plural stormers)
- Someone who storms.
- 1871, John William De Forest, Overland:
- Did you ever hear of Coronado, the conqueror of New Mexico, the stormer of the seven cities of Cibola?
- 1903, Cicero, The Orations of Marcus Tullius Cicero, Volume 4:
- That is a contrary definition, which is laid down in opposition to the actions which those who are the hearers of the speech have done; as if any one were to be speaking before Alexander the Great against some stormer of a city, and were to say that nothing was more inhuman than to destroy cities, when Alexander himself had destroyed Thebes.
- 1997 September 5, Michael Miner, “Knight-Ridder's Labor Daze/ Sun-Times for Sale?”, in Chicago Reader:
- Hochberg has a reputation as a stormer, and he'd already been hounding the Chicago papers to print happier news about his company.
- (informal) Something very loud and powerful, such as a song or a car.
- present of